We’re officially opening a brand-new space for Science, Math, and Makers. It’s called, Open Lab (by Learn Robotics). Every Saturday evening (6:30pm-7:45pm), starting in January, Learn Robotics will take over Hobby Lobby’s Art Classroom to provide a tech-friendly place for makers, robotics enthusiasts, and tech-minded individuals.
Open Lab’s Makerspace & Maker Studio – Columbus, GA
Our goal with Open Lab is to provide the resources (electronics, robots, tools, kits, and expertise) needed to be successful with science and engineering projects. It’s also a way for students interested in tech to gain exposure to a variety of technical topics without a formal education setting.
Whether you’re in elementary school (and attending with a parent), a middle school student looking to practice robotics lessons & challenges from our Youth Robotics Class, a high school student looking to get into a good engineering school, or a community member excited to see what it’s all about, we’ve got the equipment, and are ready to help!
Open Lab’s Equipment & Technologies
Learn Robotics has invested extensively to provide you with the best experience possible. For a low drop-in or monthly rate, you’ll have access to ALL of our equipment to use in projects and prototypes.
While you cannot take this equipment home, we will do our best to store and keep your prototypes on hand so that you can pick up where you left off. (We are also considering a Member’s-Only Hardware Loaner program, to be introduced within the next few months!)
- Robotics: Over 10 Arduino-Compatible Mobile Robot Kits, VEX Robotics Kit*, LEGO Mindstorms Kit*
- Electronics: Over 30 Arduino Uno’s and Nano’s, Sensor Packs, Breadboards
- Building: 1000’s of K’NEX, brackets, and construction parts
- Tools: Multimeters, Soldering Stations, Hand Tools, Drills, 3D Printer*^
- Chill Lab Environment: Music, Informal Instruction Setting, Knowledgeable Staff, Welcoming Community
- Networking Opportunities: Meet others who love tech! (Hey, you may even meet your Co-Founder here!)
- Infinite Improvements: We strive to have the best gear available to you! (Hardware Loaner program*^, Hardware Requests*^, and more!)
Monthly Membership Details
For $50/month, you will have access to all of the above plus informal instruction and mentorship from Liz (Robotics Engineer). If you have a specific question, project, or invention you’d like to bring to life, Liz will be on staff to help.
You’ll also have priority email support from Liz, so if you have a lingering question about your project or need help working through code, Liz will provide you additional help throughout the week. We have limited Monthly Memberships available, so if this sounds like it’s for you, Sign Up today!
We also offer weekly drop-in passes for $15. Come, try us out! However, if you do plan to visit us every week, it’s certainly more cost-effective to purchase our Monthly Membership! Visit our Open Robotics Lab Event Registration page for more details.
If you sign up for our Youth Robotics Class, your child is eligible to attend Open Lab for $25/mo ($6.25/week)! Contact Liz for details.
* – Launching Mid 2018
^ – Member’s Only Service