This post may contain affiliate links. See the affiliate disclosure for more information.
How do you make money quickly after graduation?
It starts by choosing a degree in robotics engineering.
I recently came across the career matching website, Sokanu. Sokanu is focused on helping people find their “perfect career” through their online career test. I haven’t taken their test, but presumably, it’s free. What I have done, is viewed their Robotics Engineer career page. The page provides useful information about the Robotics Engineer career including an overview, requirements, analytics, salary, job market, jobs, and education.
Make $95K as a Robotics Engineer
The average US Salary is $95,000 with over 136,000 Robotics Engineers employed in the US. Robotics Engineers rate their job 4.2/5 in job satisfaction and majority have a Bachelor’s degree. WOW. Not too shabby for a four-year degree!
Before Getting Your Robotics Degree, Read This
Requirements for Robotics Engineers
If you choose to take the career test, your scores will be matched against the Robotics Engineering ideal score for various skills. The top six skills preferred for robotics engineering are critical thinking, reading, performing quality control checks, monitoring equipment, decision making, and mathematics.
Furthermore, the best personalities for robotics engineering are attention to detail, tolerance of stress & criticism, dependability, and self control.
- In order to become a Robotics Engineer, an individual will need to earn a bachelor’s degree (4-years) in engineering.
- Robotics engineers work between a lab and an office (or a production floor and an office).
- A popular career choice is Industrial Robots for automotive production.
Career Analytics for Robotics Engineering
While Sokanu provides an in-depth analysis of the Robotics Engineering field, I’ve compiled the most important take-aways in the summary points below:
- There is a wide mix of Ethnic backgrounds in Robotics Engineering.
- Robotics is primarily a male-dominant field. Females who work in Robotics Engineering have reported high job satisfaction.
- The top 10 locations in the U.S.A for Robotics Engineers are shown in the map, below. The Top 3 are California, Texas, and Michigan.
To get started on your career in robotics engineering, check out the article, Top 3 Ways to Get Started with Robotics.