Learn Robotics PD Training
This course focuses on learning how to program electronic prototypes, use sensors, and build functional gadgets. The course also provides a clear pedagogy for educators looking to teach CS-STEM (Computer Science, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) concepts.
Our courses are designed around the National Research Council Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core Mathematics Standards (CCSS), the Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) Framework. Attendees will have the opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion by completing various assignments throughout the course.
This course is best suited for teachers and coaches with little or no programming experience who would like to learn both the fundamentals of embedded-C microcontroller programming and pedagogy associated with the accompanying STEM concepts. However, teachers with programming and robotics experience will find the class valuable for its focus on the C language specifically, practice in troubleshooting student errors, and STEM integration aspects.
Enrollment & Tuition
$1499 course registration fee includes:
- 24/7 Online Access to Learn Robotics Training Materials for 3-months
- Live Chat with Learn Robotics Instructors during Office Hours
- Learn Robotics Hardware Kit
- Certification and CEUs upon successful completion of the program
- Access to Live Virtual Events with Robotics Professionals, Engineering Experts, and Industry Guests
Call us at 239-747-6268 if you have a group of 4+ to save 5%.
3-5 hours weekly for 12-weeks. Most students complete the course within 40-60 hours.
Upon enrollment, you will have 24/7 access to accommodate a flexible schedule.
Curriculum and Outcomes
Unit 1: Learn – How are Electronics and Prototypes used in Society Today? What is the Electronic Industry like?
Unit 1 Outcomes:
- Understand the world of electronics from an engineer’s perspective
- Look at daily devices through the lens of an engineer
- Compare and contrast hardware components to real-world devices
Unit 2: Explore – Use Hardware components and Programming Languages to Explore Electronics, Software, and Sensors.
Unit 2 Outcomes:
- Take user requirements and build functional prototypes using Hardware and Software Methodologies
- Learn pedagogy for helping students navigate electromechanical devices in the classroom
- Understand technical troubleshooting methodologies for hardware and software
Unit 3: Present – Ideate and create new products using innovation and problem-solving frameworks
Unit 3 Outcomes:
- Create the solution for a hardware/software device with ties to agriculture
- Use the Engineering Design Process in a practical application
- Translate technical experience into careers for student exploration
Get it Covered
Over half of students enrolled in Learn Robotics PD Training were fully or partially reimbursed for the program cost. Some students even received PD stipends for completing professional training on their own time! If your school or organization doesn’t have a formal professional development budget, use our email template on the right to request coverage from your manager.
If your school or organization requires more information on the program’s curriculum & learning outcomes you can send them this document (which is also linked in the email template, below).
Hi [Your Manager’s Name],
I am interested in improving my technology skills with Learn Robotics Online STEM PD Training. Learn Robotics PD is designed to accelerate technical knowledge for top-performing STEM Educators.
- Timeline: Self-paced 24/7 Online Access for 3-months
- Cost: $1,499
- Certification Included
- Robotics Kit Included
- Commitment: 3-4—hour weekly commitment
The program will allow me to approach our work with more confidence as I learn more about innovations in STEM Industries and gain programming, electronics, and robotics skills—all while working with engineering and industry professionals across the country.
In addition, I could also summarize or present my learnings for our team to maximize the return on investment for our school.
Here are more details on the program curriculum & student outcomes. Would you approve a full or partial reimbursement for this program?