It’s only the second day of November, but people are already talking about Black Friday Tech Deals for 2019. If you didn’t know, Black Friday is on November 29, 2019. It’s the biggest day of shopping that’s held the day after Thanksgiving each year.
While Black Friday is a very popular tradition in the United States, there are also 20+ countries who are also capitalizing on the shopping craze.
In this article, I’m going to share with you some current Black Friday Tech deals as well as some predicted sales for all things tech.
A lot of retailers have not released their Black Friday Sales, yet, so expect this list to grow as tech deals and discounts are announced.
Robotics Kits – Black Friday Tech Deals
First up, are Black Friday Deals for Robotics Kits. After all, this is Learn Robotics. If you’re in the market for a robotics kit, Arduino kit, or Raspberry Pi kit, expect Amazon to have some awesome sales. Last year some of my favorite kits were discounted up to 25% off.
Robotics Kits on Sale Today
- Makeblock mBot Robot Kit (Orig. $99.99, Now $66.99) – Buy on Amazon
- Sphero Mini Orange Ball: App-controlled Robotic Ball (Orig. $49.99, Now $39.97) – Buy on Amazon
- SunFounder Raspberry Pi Da Vinci Kit (Orig. $49.99, Now $34.99) – Buy on Amazon | Buy on SunFounder
- SunFounder Universal Kit V2.0 for Arduino (Orig. $19.99, Now $13.99 with Coupon or $7.99 without Arduino Uno) – Buy on Amazon | Buy on SunFounder
You can save an extra 30% by signing up for SunFounder’s newsletter and purchasing kits directly on their website.
List of Robotics Kits to Watch
Not sure what kits to buy? Here’s my shortlist on some of the Best Robotics Kits you can purchase. Keep an eye on these kits because I expect the prices to drop as we get closer to Black Friday.
|Robot Kit||Who it’s for||Where to Buy|
|ELEGOO Smart Robot Car V3||Beginners & Intermediate ages 10+||Buy on Amazon|
|ELEGOO UNO R3 Starter Kit||All Levels||Buy on Amazon|
|LEGO Mindstorms EV3||Intermediate ages 10-15 years||Buy on Amazon|
|LEGO Boost||Beginners ages 7-12 years||Buy on Amazon|
|Sphero RVR||All Levels||Buy on Amazon|
Online Courses – Black Friday Tech Deals
Looking to score some deals on online courses this year? Then you’ll want to check out this list of Black Friday Tech Deals for online courses.
Udemy Black Friday Sale
Udemy is a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) online network of courses. That means anyone with subject matter expertise can create and sell their course on the Udemy platform. Udemy courses are usually marked down significantly for Black Friday, and I suspect this will be the case for 2019 as well.
You can usually purchase a course on Udemy for $10-$40 each; however, the quality of courses vary depending on the instructor.
Here are some tech and robotics courses I’ve personally taken and are worth the investment:
- PLC Programming from Scratch (PLC I)
- AutoCAD Electrical from Beginner to Expert
- Learn Siemens S7-1200 PLC & HMI from Scratch using the TIA portal
Coursera Black Friday Sale
Secondly, if you’re looking for online course sales, you’ll want to check out Coursera. Coursera is one of the largest online learning platforms where you can take courses, specializations, and degrees in a variety of subjects. Traditionally, Coursera has offered Black Friday sales, but they haven’t published their full list of sales just yet.
If you are looking to take robotics courses (or give the gift of learning), here are some of the courses and specializations I recommend checking out.
- Building Arduino robots and devices from the Moscow Institute
- Python for Everybody Specialization from the University of Michigan
- Robotics Specialization from the University of Pennslyvania
- Modern Robotics: Mechanics, Planning, and Control Specialization from Northwestern University
Not sure which robotics class to take? View the full list of online robotics courses here.
Learn Robotics Black Friday Sale
And lastly, but certainly not least, we’ll be releasing our Black Friday sale here at Learn Robotics within the upcoming weeks. If you want to work directly with me and build your robotics skills, you can add your name to the list, below, and I’ll send you an email when the sale goes live.
You can expect an awesome selection of deals spanning our Courses, eBooks, and Merchandise! Plus, we’re giving out an additional 20% off your first purchase. Pretty awesome, right?!
Computers, Laptops, & Tablets – Black Friday Tech Deals
In search of a new laptop either for yourself or as a gift? Lenovo is hosting a Black Friday Sneak Peak Sale. The sale is going on now, so you can head over to Lenovo.com to check out the deals.
I recommend looking at the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th Gen, which is over $450 off the original price. It’s a 14″ laptop with an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-8265U processor, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. Not a bad option if you’re looking for a Windows/Linux computer.
On the other hand, if you need something with a bit more juice, I recommend checking out the ThinkPad P43s Mobile Workstation. Originally listed at $2399, you’ll receive an Instant Savings of $720, plus an eCoupon that drops the price to $1512. The sale is only valid through 11/4/19, but I suspect there will be more deals on Lenovo computers as we get closer to Black Friday.
Head over to Lenovo to check out the Black Friday Sneak Peak Sale. Now through 11/4.
Rather get a Mac? Amazon has some good deals on Apple products going on now.
If you do end up going the Mac route, I highly recommend buying the best possible model that you can afford because the newer models aren’t as upgradeable as previous models.
- New Apple MacBook Pro 15″ with 16GB RAM and a 256GB SSD (Save $200) – Buy on Amazon
- 2018 MacBook Pro 15″ with 16GB RAM and a 256GB SSD – Buy on Amazon
- New Apple MacBook Pro 13″ with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD (Save $100) – Buy on Amazon
- New Apple MacBook Air 13″ with 8GB RAM and a 128GB SSD (Save $100) – Buy on Amazon
3D Printers – Black Friday Tech Deals
Now more than ever it’s time to hop on the 3D printer bandwagon.
Check back soon for an up-to-date list of 3D printer and filament sales.
Furthermore, here are some 3D printers to add to your shopping list. 3D printers range in pricing from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
|3D Printer||Why you need it||Where to Buy|
|Anet A8||Budget 3D printer Kit||Buy on Amazon|
|Anet A8 Plus||Minimal Assembly, Higher Quality||Buy on Amazon|
|Creality Ender 3||Affordable, Quality 3D printer||Buy on Amazon|
|BIBO 3D Printer||Enclosed printer with WiFi||Buy on Amazon|
|FlashForge Creator Pro||Everything you need minus assembly||Buy on Amazon|
Typically the lower the price of the 3D printer, the more assembly and upgrades you’ll have to do to it. If you want a 3D printer that works out of the box, with minimal setup or monitoring, expect to spend at least $750. If you want to learn the ins and outs of 3D printing, then picking a 3D printer kit is a low-cost way to get started. Read this guide if you’re considering the Anet A8.
Power Tools – Black Friday Tech Deals
Another hot topic for Black Friday is Power Tools. Fill up your toolboxes with deals from Lowes and Home Depot. Right now, you can get the KOBALT 364-piece Standard SAE and Metric Polished Chrome Mechanic's Tool Set for $99 (originally $249).
Last year’s sale brought awesome deals on DEWALT Drill/Driver sets (over 60% off), DEWALT Brushless Cordless Drill/Driver Combo sets, and KOBALT hand tools under $10. If you need wrenches, pliers, and screwdrivers, the KOBALT brand at Lowes is very affordable and high-quality.
Tool Deals at Lowes
- DEWALT 12-in 15-Amp Miter Saw (Now $349. Was $549. Save 36% through 11/6/19) – Buy on Lowes
- DEWALT 9-Gallon Shop-Vac (Now $79. Was $99. Save 20%) – Buy on Lowes | Buy on Amazon
- Little Giant Ladder 22-ft (Save 30%) – Buy on Lowes
- DEWALT 20-Volt Max Cordless Drill (Save 37% through 11/21) – Buy on Lowes
Tool Deals at Home Depot
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless Impact Wrench Kit – Buy on Home Depot
- RIDGID 18-Volt Li-Ion Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill and Impact Driver (Now $200. Was $229. Save 13%) – Buy on Home Depot
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set 185-Piece (Now $99. Was $149. Save 34%) – Buy on Home Depot
- Husky Mechanics Tool Set 92-Piece (Now $39. Was $39.97. Save 20%) – Buy on Home Depot
Did you find other Awesome Tech Deals for Black Friday?
Leave a comment below with the deal, and we’ll update our list! Be sure to check back soon for an up-to-date list of Black Friday Tech Deals!
Sharing is Caring! Let your friends know about these awesome Black Friday deals!
You can also click here to get notified when the Learn Robotics Black Friday Sale goes live!